Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
Just turn on that television in your drawing room or only turns on your internet connection on your Smartphone. What do you see? There are tons of promotions for beauty products. It has got stated that vivid description of our very own favorite celebrities about how they are maintaining their figure and speculations about how they look utterly flawless and much younger than their age.
No wonder everyone, from glamorous celebrities to commoners, everyone is obsessing and trying their best to look their best. People are investing their time and bucks to overachieve the contemporary beauty standard to look fresh, attractive and young look.
You must be wondering why these unnecessary babbling of information is required, about which even a child is aware? This is because all these seemingly ‘important’ issues gave rise to the much hype and importance surrounding the incorporation of Hyaluronic Acid in everyone’s skincare routine on a familiar basis. Before discussing its multiple tasks of protection and maintenance of skin, know what hyaluronic acid is.
So, what is Hyaluronic acid? Hyaluronic Acid or popularly known as ‘lubricating matter’ can be naturally found in the human body. If you want to know it in a scientific way, it is a composition of a thick and clear substance consisting of non-sulfated glycosaminoglycan molecules. They are primarily present in the bone joints, eye sockets and a skin layer of the human body.
It helps to promote cell proliferation and migration and also catalyzes the production of collagen substance in the layers of skin. For bones, it lubricates the joint parts and gives them the shape. It also provides shape to the eyeball sockets by lubricating them, for ease of movement and producing tears.
But the recent thing which is giving this component a considerable amount of attention is its positive contribution towards combating various skin problems. So the question arises, why you need to incorporate Hyaluronic Acid into your routine externally though it is naturally producing in our body?
The answer is very simple. A normal human has 15 grams of Hyaluronic acid in his or her body among which one third is lost and regenerated every day. When a person is aging, the cell damage quickens but the regeneration process becomes slower and slower day by day. That is where that extra Hyaluronic acid rescues you by catalyzing regeneration, giving combat to the harmful free radicals that are providing aging and other damages and extend the lifespan of your cells.
Hyaluronic Acid and Skin
Ever wondered why so much emphasis is given to smear that Hyaluronic acid face serum on your face? That is because Hyaluronic Acid is that best friend for your skin which nourishes and glows up your skin internally. So, to get a bright idea, you need to know the works and wonders that this one works. Take a quick look at the points of the Hyaluronic acid benefits for the skin.
Seven Reasons Why?
With so many facts and matters, it is difficult to restrict all its benefits in seven brief points; so, trying to give a clear picture of almost all the Hyaluronic acid benefits of skin in the below-mentioned points. Take a look:
- Fights that Aging Demon: Humans most innate desire is to look young regardless of age. The study done by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology shows that aging and wrinkling is not only associated with the natural aging process but also due to the external factor such as UV rays and pollution. A clinical trial showed that the participants reported that, within one month of regular usage of Hyaluronic acid face serum, they experienced a considerable amount of decrease in wrinkles and sagging of skin. So, yes, this is no myth that Hyaluronic acid is vital as anti-aging protection.
- Heal the wound: A very curious property of Hyaluronic acid is that it hydrates the skin for a long time by grabbing the moisture from the atmosphere and incorporating it into the skin layers. A study had shown that extra hydration increases the regeneration of tissues contributing to the healing of the wounds within a shorter period efficiently. It combats inflammation damage. A critical component that can always have a place for treating some serious injuries which require quick recovery.
- A relief to the dry and scaly skin: As already discussed, Hyaluronic acid has the property to keep the skin hydrating for a more extended period. The dry skin occurs because molecules lose the capability to bind and retain the moisture. Hyaluronic Acid increases the intake of moisture and hydrates the skin. It helps the skin to look smooth, supple and soft giving it a youthful disposition.
- Boosts immunity: Hyaluronic Acid boosts immunity by providing a boost to the cell migration which leads to cell detachment. It means it detaches the free radicals and inflammatory causing elements by giving good circulation of essential fluids in the skin layer. The skin gets protected from every kind of damage causing cells and makes it healthier.
- Treating Sunburn: Nowadays lots and lots of sunscreen products are claiming to protect the skin from UV rays and prevent that sunburn. Daily sun exposure weakens the skin layer. Hyaluronic Acid replenishes the skin and provides soothing hydration to the damage caused by the exposure.
- Blemish free: Promoting the production Beta Defense 2, Hyaluronic acid also reduces blemishes and after wound scary scares and increases the production of anti-microbial molecules on the skin layer.
- Acne, ulcers, and sores: Medical practitioners now recommend enzymes consisting of Hyaluronic acid for treating cold sores and mouth sores. It quickens the reduction of ulcers and acne by moistening the damaged tissue. It promotes the production of Collagen for repairing of tissues. The hydration helps to reduce that itchiness and minimizes that acne, making it invisible gradually. If your mouth or lips and heels are cracking up, put that Hyaluronic acid and see the difference.
- Uniformity: Now the best thing is that you do not need to worry whether your skin is normal, dry or oily. Irrespective of your skin type, the Hyaluronic acid will work wonders for your skin problems. It does not discriminate.
Application and Conclusion:
There are a number of serums and moisturizers right now available in the market rich in Hyaluronic acid. You can apply it at any time of the day. Wash the skin thoroughly and apply it to the damp surface. It is dermatologically recommended to perform a patch test before using any product. You can also wear it on your make up.
Hyaluronic Acid has now become an indispensable part of every beauty freaks. So do not hesitate to include it in your routine if you want something which will give you all kind of positive service to your skin and give it your desired glow, tone and texture.